Support Services for Older People

There are a range of housing options and support services available within the borough for older people who need support to maintain a full and independent a life as possible.

There are also a range of housing options available for older people who may no longer able to remain in their existing accommodation.  These include:

  • Sheltered housing provided by social landlords (independent living schemes with support available where needed);

  • Older persons housing (non sheltered) linked to the community alarm service (telecare);

  • Extra care housing (The combination of self-contained accommodation and the provision of flexible care and support services); and

  • Residential or nursing care home (A residential care home provides accommodation and meals, leisure activities and personal care. A nursing home is similar to a residential care home, but must also have qualified nurses on the premises.

If you require information on the range of options above, please contact the  IAA ASDIT Team within Caerphilly CBC Social Services on email or telephone 0808 1002500

A range of support services are available to assist older people to remain in their own home.  These include:

Information on other services provided to older people is available on the council’s website