UK Armed Forces Veterans

If you are in the process of leaving the UK Armed Forces or are a veteran then there are a range of organisations that may be able to provide you with advice and support to help you resolve your current housing situation:

  • Joint Services Housing Advice Office.
    Email: or telephone: 0800 3287641

  • Single Persons Accommodation Centre for the Ex-Services.
    Email: or telephone: 01748 833797/872940/830191

  • Ministry of Defence’s Veterans UK – advice on accessing benefits, housing and welfare issues.
    Email: or telephone: 0808 1914 2 18 (UK only) or +44 1253 866 043 (overseas)

  • SAAFA: an Armed Forces charity.
    To find out more about getting support call 0800 731 4880 or visit

  • The Royal British Legion: supporting serving members of the Armed Forces, veterans and their families.
    If you need help, call the helpline on 0808 802 8080 or visit

  • Shelter Cymru provides independent housing advice.
    If you need advice call 0345 075 5005 or visit the Shelter Cymru website.

  • Veterans’ Gateway: puts veterans and their families in touch with the organisations best placed to help with the information, advice and support they need.To find out more call 0808 802 1212 or visit

If you would like to register for social housing in Caerphilly borough please complete the on-line application form or contact the Common Housing Register Assessment Team by email to or telephone: 01443 873521.

If you would like to live in the private rented sector please see additional information on private renting.

If you are interested in purchasing a property please see additional information on low cost homeownership or visit the Forces Help to Buy web page at

Support may be available to help you maintain a tenancy.  For further information please see housing related support.

You may be entitled to adaptations if you have been injured in service or are disabled. For further information please see accessible housing.

If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness within 56 days it is important you speak to a homelessness officer.  For further information please see homeless or at risk of homelessness or contact the Housing Advice Centre by telephone on 01443 873552 or email to .

For further information relating to Welsh Government support to the Armed Forces, including a housing pathway for ex-service personnel, visit .