Housing benefit helps you pay your rent if you are on a low income. The amount of housing benefit you can get is worked out by looking at:
- how much money you have coming in
- your personal circumstances and the amount of rent you have to pay
- the amount of savings you have
Try these benefits calculators to see what help you can get.
Who can apply?
The scheme applies to:
- anyone paying rent
- tenants living in council property or housing association property (these tenants may be affected by under occupancy restrictions)
- tenants living in privately rented accommodation (the allowance for these tenants is known as Local Housing Allowance)
- tenants living in a hostel